Please honor the teachings and our dharma practice by
observing these Sangha guidelines and traditions.
Some of these
are from the traditions of our Buddhist lineage, and some of
them are just common sense.
- Please turn off cell phones and pagers.
- Some of us begin sitting early, at 5:55 pm,
to help "bring the room into silence."
All are encouraged and welcome to join.
If you must converse, please step outside.
- Please try to arrive before 6:00 p.m. and settle in quietly.
- Please remove your shoes on entry.
- If you arrive after 6:00 pm, please use the rear
side door that opens to the courtyard.
- Please do not wear scented products.
- As a sign of respect for the teachings,
we ask that you sit upright during the dharma talk,
unless you have a physical limitation.
- If you need to leave early, please do not leave
during a meditation period.
- Please do not talk with other students during class.
- Recording of any part of the class is not permitted.
- Please don't set out leaflets, no matter how strongly you
feel about the cause represented.